Thursday, May 16, 2019

Aadya Diaries - Part 1, The begining!

Since Aadya was born, I have been writing about her and the lessons she has been teaching all of us. I took to Facebook since it allowed me the freedom to write quick short posts and gave me instant feedback as well. This blog though, is the love of my life, and I can't keep away from posting my writings here. This would also be the one stop shop for Aadu when she grows older.

So here goes, the Aadya Diaries. I will club the posts to match her journey/milestones. While this journey is all about her, its also about Mytri and I. Its about our journey and growth as parents too. Aadya is our first teacher as parents and her lessons have been priceless. 

I have enjoyed writing all of the posts, hope you enjoying reading them💓
 
May 6, 2017:


It’s been 1 month (and 2 days) since she stepped into our lives. This last month has been the best of my life thus far. I wanted a girl child, majorly because we have not had a girl baby in my family for a while now. But every second with her is changing me, changing all of us @ home.

My idea of love, life, happiness, pain, even of life itself has changed... Changed by the tiny tot who will not even know now how much she is teaching me. She has no idea now of what it means to me when I pick her up first thing in the morning, when she smiles at me, when she holds my hands.

When she cries it melts your heart and breaks it. When she smiles there is no happier feeling and when she tucks herself on my chest and sleeps, a tear invariably drops down in happiness. I had no idea a baby can make you feel so many emotions. Fear, Happiness, Euphoria, Helplessness, glee and much more!

 
 
There were days when I wondered why god gave mothers such a big burden. of carrying a baby for months and then having to be chained so as to feed... But I realize it’s not a burden, but a blessing.

When we see a baby crying in hunger, everyone's heart breaks and melts. Everyone wants to rush in, to make the baby feel better, to satisfy the hunger. But only a mother has the gift to soothe a baby and feed it. And when I look at Mytri's face when Aadya eats gleefully, there is nothing else happier in this world.

It’s just been a month and already Aadya has made this world and life much more beautiful. I can only imagine how beautiful life is going to be in the coming years.

Thank you, god, for blessing us and Thank you darling Aadya, for being ours💓💓

No comments:

Post a Comment