Friday, May 17, 2019

Aadya Diaries - Part 3

December 3, 2017
This will remain in my heart for a long long time...
This was my first time at the District level contest and after the semis yesterday, Jayan told me I had to do better in my finals and I had to do it for my daughter..
This morning I faced the one challenge which scared me the most. Being the first contestant in the Eval contest. I had always been scared of being the first speaker (but had never drawn lot # 1 till today) and this morning the draw turned out to be #1. I was worried and scared but decided I was going to focus on the evaluation and the speaker and nothing else. As jayan had said, this was for Aadya and I couldn't afford to give anything less than the BEST.

And when I took to the stage I lived those 3 minutes in pure happiness. I felt liberated with every second. My mind and tongue were in perfect harmony and right now, even 12 hours after the performance is over, I still do not recall any moment where I feel I could have done better! And THAT, is why this day, this performance and this trophy will remain special forever.
I came home to Aadya and gave her the trophy... And when she gave back the same happy, wide, and excited smile she gives me always, I felt complete! It doesn't matter to her if her dad won the first or third or didn't win at all, she is just super happy that her dad has hugged her with ultimate inner peace 💓
December 9, 2017 
This picture means so much to me...
What Aadya wanted was a few feet away. Neither Mytri nor I were going to help. I waited anxiously to see what would happen next.

This was a defining moment. I was going to discover who aadu is going to take after... if she couched back lazily she’d be like me. If she crawled out n reached the ball, she’d take after Myts...
My darling surprised me by not just reaching the ball but chasing after it for a long distance. She might look like me, but she has her mom’s determination and more💓💓

December 17, 2017
Ever since she started crawling she has taken over the job of being the QA engineer at home... after cleaning the floor you’ve to just let her down and in 30 seconds she’ll scamper off and find the tiniest of particles be it dust, cloth, plastic.
She proves that quality is not about quantity it’s just about sincerity 😁. Also proves that to be a QA engineer you just need a sharp eye for detail and nothing else 😜

No comments:

Post a Comment