Sunday, April 5, 2020

Aadya Diaries - She Turns 3_Mini Blog 1

3 years ago... that day is fresh in my mind... as a lock-down special I’ll write about the entire day in small parts today... celebratory writing. I hope you enjoy this series of writings, don't forget to wish her as you read these :)

Sequence 1: 2nd April 2017. 9pm ish...

We sat down to watch the Mohan Lal movie - “Puli Murugan” late evening on 2nd April, 2017. By the time we retired for the night, it was almost 12am. We slept for a few hours when Mytri woke me up and flashed the news “My water broke”. Ecstasy and Anxiety enveloped me in equal measure. I had no clue what to do nextπŸ˜€
 
 

We were in triplicane at my parents’ place. I woke them up, got ready hastily, grabbed the maternity kit that we had made ready just a day back and ran out to get my car. Near our house In triplicane the roads are so cramped that you can’t park close to my house. I had to go to a nearby railway station where I had parked the car and came rushing back.

All the while my mind was racing. I was elated beyond belief. I was thinking of all the names we had discussed and living a future in mind with the little one. By the time I reached my house my “Daughter” and I had lived till her high school πŸ˜ƒ (yes i was sure it’ll be a daughter)


I picked up Mytri and my parents who were equally ecstatic. It was 3.15am on 3rd April when we drove to the hospital and at that moment we were the happiest 4 people in the world...πŸ’“πŸ’“πŸ’“

<To be continued >

Even before Aadya came into this world, she made us tremendously happy. Life has been such an amazing experience ever since she came to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment