Sunday, April 5, 2020

Aadya Diaries - She Turns 3_Mini Blog 4

Sequence 4 : April 4, 2017. 1am ish..

I was back in the hospital room. Alone. Totally defeated, all my ego gone to dust... The helplessness was killing. I realized my contribution to the birth of our child has been almost next to nothing. I’ve had only happy experiences the last 9 months while Myts has undergone mood swings, pain bouts, hunger pangs, hormonal changes and now incredible physical pain.


Needing distraction I switch on my laptop and play a movie, a silly one, “Kavan”. It rambles on journalists, love and betrayal. A nurse comes in around 3am with Mytri’s bangles. I get excited and ask if my child has arrived. She says no, she’s just returning bangles.

Then an hour later she comes with Mytri’s anklets. Again I question her, again she says just bringing jewellery.After an hour Mytri herself walks out again. Completely tired, still in pain. She says “I need a hug” and I hold her and we share a moment that is indescribable... She walks back in soon after and I stand with no words....


Around 7am the elderly nurse comes back again and says doctors are inspecting my wife. By now it’s been 27 odd hours. I’m physically and emotionally drained. My mind is blank And I just nod.

I walk out and sit in the common area for some fresh air and sunlight. Less excited And more worried than I was 24 hours earlier.

A Male voice, strong And loud calls my name. The voice reverberates across the floor. I hurry to the voice. A tall gentleman walks up, grabs my hand and says - “Congratulations Mr. Raghavan. You’ve a girl”



I blink at him. I heard him, but I didn’t realise what it meant. And slowly, from Deep within the adrenaline kicks in and an emotion surges through, pushing away the fatigue. I break into an ecstatic smile and thank the doctor. “Is my wife ok?” I ask.

“Oh she’s absolutely fine. She’s normal. The child was born 7.38am. Congrats once again” says the doctor and walks off... His name is Dr. Tarun Joseph Kurian and this is him...




<To be continued>

#AadyaDiaries #RelivingTheDay #SheTurnsThree

No comments:

Post a Comment