Sunday, April 5, 2020

Aadya Diaries - She Turns 3_Mini Blog 3

Sequence 3: April 3, 8pm ish...

Mytri and I were in the confines of our room at the hospital. There was silence all around us but in our hearts there was pandemonium. We kept looking at each other, speaking in silence. Worry lines all over our faces. The morning had dawned with a lot of promise but the day had only disappointment and frustration for us. After a forgetful dinner we sat back holding our hands and that’s when it started.



The pain, of an extreme kind. Mytri would feel a constructing pain, the like of which she had never faced before, for 10 seconds. It constricted her entire body and brought tears to her eyes. And then just as suddenly as it appeared, it’ll go off. 15 seconds later, the process repeats. 

Unbelievable pain for 10 seconds, a breather then the pain again.

I stood right next to her completely lost and useless. There was nothing I could do to make it better. All I could do was stand by her, holding her in my arms and watching her. Mytri had silent tears and was bearing incredible pain and I was standing uselessly...

This went on for 2 hours and I couldn’t take it anymore. I rushed to the doctor and pleaded him to take care of Mytri. He calmly replied, “This is what a mother faces before delivering. I can take your wife into a room but we will have to wait until she’s ready to deliver. Is that OK?”

“As long as I don’t have to watch her in this pain, standing helplessly, I’m OK doctor.” - I said. They took her in and I realized how unimaginably helpless I was. I had lost track of time and I guess I grew old and up in the ensuing few hours...

<To be continued >
 
#AadyaDiaries #RelivingTheDay #SheTurnsThree

No comments:

Post a Comment